From Steeped in Learning: The Student Experience at All-Girls Schools by Richard A Holmgren, Ph.D.
Girls attending all-girls schools are more likely to have an experience that supports their learning than are girls attending coed schools (independent and public). In particular, students at all-girls schools report:
1. Having higher aspirations and greater motivation.
2. Being challenged to achieve more.
3. Engaging more actively in the learning process.
4. Participating in activities that prepare them for the world outside of school.
5. Feeling more comfortable being themselves and expressing their ideas.
6. Showing greater gains on core academic and life skills.
7. Being and feeling more supported in their endeavors.