Louisville High School is located in Woodland Hills near beautiful Topanga Canyon. Our academic and extra-curricular programs are tailored to the needs of girls in grades 9-12. Louisville seeks teachers who are enthusiastic about ongoing professional learning and creating engaging, student-centered lessons.
We are a 1-to-1 laptop school with modern, technology-ready classrooms and a campus-wide wireless network. Our integrated Learning Management System gives our teachers the power and organization to teach creatively and develop dynamic learning experiences for a variety of learners.
Louisville offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a friendly, beautiful campus setting.
Louisville is seeking an eleventh-grade Guidance Counselor for the 2018 - 2019 academic year. This position will begin in August.
The Guidance Counselor proactively collaborates with parents, teachers and staff to support the educational, personal, and vocational growth of eleventh grade students. This role will provide students with comprehensive, individualized counseling to ensure academic and emotional progress, and completion of graduation requirements. In addition, he/she will work with faculty and parents to address any performance and/or behavioral concerns and facilitate corrective action.
- At least two years of experience working with the academic and academic, social, and emotional needs of high school age students and parents in a school setting required
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information with parents, teachers and administrators
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with student and parent programming and informational sessions
- Experience in college admissions or high school college counseling
- Master’s Degree in Counseling and/or Pupil Personnel Services Credential preferred
- Experience with high-stakes test coordinating and/or proctoring (AP, SAT, ACT) a plus
- Familiarity with Naviance,a comprehensive K-12 college and career readiness solution, a plus
Interested candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com
. Please put the job title in the subject line.
The Convent Manager is responsible for the operations and maintenance of the convent house and its grounds. This position performs daily management and coordination of staff and vendors to ensure timely and thorough responses to the community, while promoting a safe environment.
This job is regular full-time working forty (40) hours per week; Tuesday – Saturday.
- Oversee all operations of the Convent House and its grounds
- Manage kitchen and maintenance staffs’ responsibilities and their schedules. This includes keeping their job descriptions up-to-date and certifications in their respective lines of work active
- Participate in the on-boarding and off-boarding of staff, as needed
- Manage landscaping and housekeeping vendors’ work
- Set goals, expectations and manage the performance of the staff members work
- Plan, schedule and oversee routine preventative maintenance on HVAC, plumbing, electrical, etc.
- Regularly assess/inspect the House to ensure proper maintenance and safe operations
- Coordinate with caterers to prepare and serve holiday meals (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day and Easter)
- Coordinate the hospitality needs of convent guests
- Further develop and maintain the Emergency Preparedness and Illness and Injury Prevention Plans; ensure staff are fully trained on these Plans
- Work with the Convent’s Healthcare Coordinator to collaborate on operational planning as it relates to the Sisters care
- Show concern and respect for others by dealing with people in a collaborative, compassionate, sensitive and responsive manner
- Promote a team environment by assisting others and working together
- In partnership with the Healthcare Coordinator, ensure that the quality of services and care meet the high standards and mission of the Sisters of St. Louis
- Demonstrate initiative and openness to taking on additional tasks/responsibilities that may improve the lives of the Sisters of St. Louis
- Special projects as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- At least three years (3) of experience in an operational management role
- Knowledge of general OSHA requirements including sanitation and safety regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with all constituents of the community
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a time effective manner
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the convent, including some evenings and weekends
- Strong interpersonal leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Strong time-management and organization skills
- Be able to solve practical problems, deal with simple and complex variables related to the job responsibilities
- Must be able to lift up to thirty (30) pounds
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Formal education in Operations and/or Facilities preferred
- Knowledge and familiarity with computer systems and software programs such as Microsoft word, excel and emails
The Convent House is located on the same property as the high school. To learn more about the Sisters of St. Louis, please visit their website at http://www.stlouissisters.org
Interested candidates should send their resumes to HR@louisvillehs.org
. Please put the job title in the subject line.