Louisville High School is located in Woodland Hills near beautiful Topanga Canyon. Our academic and extra-curricular programs are tailored to the needs of girls in grades 9-12. Louisville seeks teachers who are enthusiastic about ongoing professional learning and creating engaging, student-centered lessons.
We are a 1-to-1 laptop school with modern, technology-ready classrooms and a campus-wide wireless network. Our integrated Learning Management System gives our teachers the power and organization to teach creatively and develop dynamic learning experiences for a variety of learners.
Louisville offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a friendly, beautiful campus setting.
College and Academic Counselor
The College and Academic Counselor proactively collaborates with parents, teachers and staff to support the educational, personal, and vocational growth of eleventh grade students. This role will provide students with comprehensive, individualized counseling to ensure academic and emotional progress, and completion of graduation requirements. In addition, the counselor will work with faculty and parents to address any performance and/or behavioral concerns and facilitate corrective action.
- Bachelors Degree in Education or related subject matter.
- Masters Degree in Counseling and/or Pupil Personnel Services Credential preferred.
- Experience in college admissions or high school college counseling.
- At least two years of experience working with the academic and personal needs of high school age students and parents in a school setting required.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information with parents, teachers and administrators.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making.
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience with student and parent programming and informational sessions.
- Experience with high-stakes test coordinating and/or proctoring (AP, SAT, ACT) a plus.
- Familiarity with Naviance,a comprehensive K-12 college and career readiness solution, a plus.
The Events Manager will be responsible for executing all aspects of fundraising, event production, timetables, budgets and communication. The ideal candidate will have experience working with nonprofit organizations and understands this unique lens to organizing and running fundraising events. He/ she is a self-starting, detail-oriented, well-organized person with enthusiasm, creativity, a positive perspective, sense of humor and can-do attitude.
Responsibilities of the job include the following:
- Collaborates with parent organizations to conceptualize, develop and execute all fundraising events (examples include golf tournament, gala with auctions, fashion show and luncheon, boutiques, trivia night)
- Manages all aspects of event production including but not limited to event logistics, guest experience, coordination of vendors, auction production (live, silent, online, paddle raise), sponsorship solicitation, volunteer coordination and post-event analysis
- Writes, produces and distributes all event-related communications including sponsorship materials, donation letters, invitations, flyers, emails, program book and acknowledgements
- Manages event budgets and provides analysis to assist in cost-savings to maximize net return
- Uses and enhances processes and controls to ensure proper receipt of any and all monies and secure processing of credit card payments
- Coordinates with Assistant Director to orchestrate mailings, manage database and acknowledge donations and gifts
- Manages other Advancement efforts such as legacy gifts, donor recognition events, etc.
- Assists in planning special events hosted by Administration
- Works with the Business Manager in auditing and verifying on a monthly basis all receipts and disbursements from fundraising activities
- Attends all Parents Guild and Dads Club meetings and functions providing assistance as necessary
- Assists the President and Principal with special projects on campus
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Business or related field
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in fundraising event planning, development or communications preferably in a leadership role and nonprofit environment
- Demonstrated collaborative skills with the ability to engage and motivate volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong initiative with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, creative and positive can-do attitude
- Fully computer and technology literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office and event software
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Raiser’s Edge preferred
Able to effectively teach Algebra I – Pre-Calculus.
Responsibilities of the job include the following:
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in class
- Creating, assigning and correcting work carried out by students
- Assessing student development, progress, attainment and behavior
- Communicating with students, parents and guidance counselors on student progress and needs
- Maintaining accurate student records via the school’s on-line grading program
- Participating in meetings related to the School
- Participating in professional development sessions
- Maintaining an effective learning environment that aligns with the schools Portrait of the Graduate standards
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics or related subject field
- At least two years of related experience in a high school setting
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication
- Proficient technologically
- Teaching credential and/or Masters strongly preferred
Interested candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please put the job title in the subject line.
For this or future positions, you are welcome to send a letter of interest and a resume to:
Mrs. Melissa Deeton
Louisville High School
22300 Mulholland Drive
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
Phone: 818-346-8812 Fax: 818-346-9483