From the Counseling Department
There are a number of things you can do to look after and maintain your mental health and wellbeing. Many people cope with stress by getting involved with sports, practicing yoga, exercising, or partaking in a favorite hobby. Others express themselves through art, such as poetry, writing, or music. What you eat might also affect your mood - a well-balanced diet will help keep you both physically and mentally healthy.
Mental Health Care While at Home
1. Create a daily routine that you will follow each day
2. Stay active & exercise
3. Go outside - sunlight improves mood!
4. Do your homework! Work toward a goal at the end of each day.
5. Stay organized - our environment affects our mood
6. Do something creative
7. Keep a journal
8. Reach out to others
9. Eat healthy
10. Listen to music
11. Limit watching the news
12. Remember: this won’t last forever!